Pages

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Reblog: Why exactly DO people cosplay?

This is a common question that is asked by many, yet remains unanswered. The truth is, there's a multitude of reasons why someone would cosplay. Your Humble Narrator/Blogger cosplays for a hobby, and coming from an arts background, I love dressing up and being someone else for a little while.

The real reason people cosplay boils down to personal opinion and emotion; no two answers will ever be truly the same, and that's okay! Being different is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about. The important thing is to do what you love.

I won't ever consider myself a professional, because I know that I am not. However, I will personally identify myself as an advocate for supporting cosplay, regardless of gender, size, shape, race and background. It's important to remember that it's something that you enjoy, and that's the best part.

Improvised Konoha Ninja: (Naruto): photograph courtesy of Little Fairy Cosplay


Molly McIsaac over at ifanboy.com has written a very interesting article detailing the question of why people cosplay. As well as being insightful and easy to read, it also incorporates responses from cosplayers alike sharing what exactly they love about the art.

Follow this link, yeah this little link right below to have a further read!
http://ifanboy.com/articles/what-is-cosplay-and-why-do-people-do-it/

So why do you cosplay? Drop a comment, leave a response, I'll love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment